Israeli forces have shot and killed a 14-year-old boy during a military raid in the northern occupied West Bank.
Islam Ahmad Ajjouri was shot in the chest as Israeli forces raided the Askar refugee camp, east of Nablus, on Sunday, the Palestinian news agency Wafa reported.
Recommended Stories
list 1 of 3Palestinian victims of Israeli settler attacks face battle for justice
list 2 of 3Palestinian teen shot and killed in West Bank attack, UN responds
list 3 of 3Over 100 ex-diplomats urge France, UK to sanction Israel over Palestine
The Palestinian Red Crescent Society previously earlier said the child was in critical condition and being transported for medical treatment, but later succumbed to his wounds.
In a separate incident, Israeli forces also raided the village of Al-Auja, north of Jericho, after an Israeli man was wounded in a stabbing attack near the village.
Al-Auja village council head Hani Najoum said Israeli forces raided the village and closed it off, they trapped residents and forced shops to close, the Wafa news agency reported.
Israeli soldiers searched a number of homes and collected surveillance footage from private residences and businesses, he added.
The raid came after Israeli public broadcaster Kan reported that a man was stabbed at a commercial complex on the main road near the village of al-Auja, citing a security source.
The man, aged in his 20s, was moderately wounded, Israeli police said.
The Israeli army said that the suspect escaped from the scene after carrying out the attack. It said it launched large-scale raids in the area and there was an increased police presence.
The army said it had set up roadblocks in the village and the surrounding areas. The military is “in constant contact with the residents and security forces in the area”, it said in a post on Telegram.
The Palestinian group Hamas said the attack was a response to what it called Israeli violations and military operations in the occupied West Bank and Palestinian territories, as well as an escalation of violations at the Al-Aqsa Mosque complex in occupied East Jerusalem.
“This operation demonstrates that our people are determined to resist the occupation in every part of Palestine, despite all the campaigns of oppression, persecution, and escalating terrorism against our people,” it said in a statement.
The incident comes amid a rise in state-backed Israeli settler violence against Palestinians across the occupied West Bank since Israel’s genocidal war on Gaza began in October 2023.
Data from the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) shows that between January 1, 2025, and June 31, 2026, there were 3,033 Israeli settler attacks.
Some 1,291 settler attacks were recorded in 2023, rising to 1,449 in 2024, 1,835 in 2025, and 761 in the first four months of 2026. That equates to an average of 190 attacks per month in 2026, up from 153 per month in 2025 – a 24 percent increase in the monthly rate.
Raid in al-Mughayyir village
Meanwhile, Israeli forces used gas bombs and closed the western entrance of al-Mughayyir village, north of Ramallah, according to video footage and Palestinian officials.
Video clips documented Israeli forces firing gas canisters while blocking the western entrance to the village. The Palestinian news agency Wafa reported that Israeli troops prevented residents from entering or leaving al-Mughayyir, subjected a number of them to field interrogations, mistreated young men, and fired gas bombs towards vehicles.
The agency added that the western entrance is currently the only outlet for the village after Israeli forces closed its eastern entrance in October 2023.